Warm Hearth Village founder Wybe Kroontje originally envisioned the Village Center as the heart of the campus plan. Now, that vision is a reality. As the hub of activity, the Village Center unites residents from throughout the campus and enhance both physical and social wellness through three main areas: the welcome center, the fitness center and community gathering spaces.
Welcome Center. As the first point of contact for guests and prospective residents, the welcome center provides a central location for scheduling events, arranging tours and more. A concierge is available to assist with a host of needs.
Wellness and Fitness Suite. The goal of the wellness and fitness suite is to promote a lifestyle of healthy aging. Catering to the needs of adults 55 and better, this suite is staffed by trained professionals who will assist you in developing a personal exercise routine as well as nutritional goals, with a focus on managing chronic health conditions. Physical and occupational therapy are offered to assist with rehabilitation from injury and illness. Additional features include:
- Warm, indoor saltwater pool with a shallow depth (no more than five feet)
- Cardio and strength training room with supervision and personalized assistance
- Exercise studio for group exercise classes, including low-impact aerobics, yoga, pilates, tai chi and dance
- Treatment room for massage, chiropractic and acupuncture therapies
We do offer memberships to age qualified members of the community. Contact Kenny Harrah at (540) 443-3474 to inquire about fees.
Community Gathering Spaces. These spaces are designed to engage residents and visitors in a variety of social, cultural and educational offerings and to provide the larger New River Valley population access to our campus.
- Huckleberry café
- Community room with a stage for musical and theatrical performances
- Activity studio
- Lobby/library with comfortable seating
The Village Center is located within walking distance (and extremely short driving distance) of all residential areas on campus. Parking is plentiful and close to the building. In addition, expanded transportation services are available to ensure that all residents and homeowners are able to access its resources.
The Village Gourmet is a full-service event and catering venue.
No matter how large or small, we’ll create an event to remember with all the modern conveniences at hand, attended to by trained staff:
- State of the art performance stage and sound system
- Ample parking
- Outdoor dining, pre-function lounge space with bar
- Break-out meeting spaces and more…